ARTICULATION / PRONUNCIATION
Brief summary of activityThis is a warm up exercise before presenting a radio show. It can be used as a break after the theoretical part.
Aim of the activityImprove pronunciation
Expected OutcomesBetter articulation
MaterialsA list of sentences.
How the activity should take placeThe participants will use the muscles in their mouth to improve the way they pronounce words. They chose different sentences and speak them out loud.
„Good morning, you are talking to mister/misses XY".
" Three witches watch three swatch watches. Which witch watch which swatch watch?" etc
. First you practise a sentence, then you speak it aloud while using this variations:
1. tongue on the left, move towards back tooth on the top
2. tongue on the right, move towards back tooth on the top jaw
3. tongue on the left move towards back tooth on lower jaw
4. tongue on the right move towards back tooth on lower jaw
5. tongue on the roof of the mouth near your front teeth
6. tongue upright touching the roof of the mouth
7. tongue up, rolled up to the back of the roof of the mouth
8. tongue between front teeth and gum
9. protrude the tongue
after this variations say out loud the sentence again. Do you feel any differences?